Bajaj Auto, a Pune-based two-wheeler manufacturing company has launched its latest electric scooter Chetak. The new electric scooter has been priced at Rs. 1 Lakh inclusive of government subsidies. Bajaj has developed and designed the electric Chetak and it marks the revival of the scooter business of the company in India.
The new electric scooter will be available for sale initially at 13 pro-biking dealerships in Bangalore and at four different stores in Pune. According to reports, the executive director at Bajaj Auto Ltd. Rakesh Sharma said that they will first observe the demand for the electric Chetak in the two launching states to understand the market for this emerging space.
10 Important facts about the new electric scooter:
- The Electric Scooter Chetak has been priced at Rs 1 Lakh.
- The launch of this electric scooter marks the company’s revival of the scooter business and the first electric vehicle.
- The scooter features horseshoe-shaped LED headlight with DRLs.
- Chetak will come equipped with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack with a 5-15 amp electrical socket for easy charging. Riders can change their exhausted battery pack at selected charging stations.
- The scooter will have two ride mode options – Eco and Sport and will give mileages up to 95 KMS and 85 KMS respectively.
- Mobility solutions like data communication, security, and user authentication to increase user experience via a mobile app have been installed in the scooter
- It takes only 5 hours and up to 25% in 1 hour to fully charge the battery.
- The scooter boasts of a large digital console with feather-touch activated electronic switches.
- Anybody can book the electric version of Chetak scooter in Pune and Bengaluru by paying a minimum amount of Rs 2,000 from on January 15, 2020.
- Bajaj offers 3 years warranty and up to three free services on electric Chetak.
Special Feature of the Scooter:
It also has a reverse gear.