Dev Uthani Ekadashi will be celebrated on November 8. On the same date and muhurat, the ritual of Tulsi Vivah is performed. It is very popular among the Hindu community. This year, Tulsi Vivah will be conducted on two dates that are on November 8 and November 9.
The rituals performed in Tulsi Vivah are the same as performed in any other marriage. In this marriage, performing all the rituals with full devotion is very important. Goddess Tulsi is one of the incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi that’s why on this day she gets married to God Shaligram who is one of the incarnations of God Vishnu.
The marriage has to be performed on the 12th day (Dwadashi) of the Shukla Paksha in the Kartik month. People observe the ceremony in a time phase between Prabodhini Ekadashi and Kartik Poornima.
Tulsi Vivah marks the end of Monsoon season and it also marks the commencement of wedding seasons in the Hindu religion. It is very popular among married women as they observe this ceremony to be blessed and for their successful marriage.
Tulsi Vivah 2019: Puja muhurat
Tulsi Vivah on Saturday, November 9, 2019
Dwadashi Tithi Begins: 12:24 PM on Nov 08, 2019
Dwadashi Tithi Ends:02:39 PM on Nov 09, 2019
Tulsi Vivah 2019: Puja vidhi
- Tulsi plant is kept in an open place and decorated with red cloth.
- Sugarcane is kept where the marriage ritual is performed.
- The second incarnation of Lord Vishnu, God Shaligram is kept beside Goddess Tulsi
- Milk and turmeric are offered to both God Shaligram and Goddess Tulsi.
- Sacred chanting and bhajans are performed during the marriage rituals.
- The story informing about the importance of this marriage ais read by the devotees.
- Coconut is wrapped in a red cloth and offered to goddess tulsi.
- Now, take Tulsi to the left fo god Shaligram and ritual of Saat Phere is performed by a male.
- After the puja is completed all the ingredients and the plant of Tulsi should be given to any temple.
Tulsi Vivah 2019: Puja mantra
उत्तिष्ठो उत्तिष्ठ गोविंदो, उत्तिष्ठो गरुणध्वज।
उत्तिष्ठो कमलाकांत, जगताम मंगलम कुरु।।